South East Asian food has long been popular in London. Though Chinese and Thai are long-term favorites, Vietnamese food has recently become one of the most popular foods in London.
Famous Foods in London:-
1. Fish & Chips: - Fish & Chips, a casual dish made with fish fillets, mostly cod, sole, and hake, battered in flour and fried in oil. It is accompanied with fries and a sauce known as salt & vinegar. You can try this dish in plenty of establishments, but we suggest the Baileys Fish and Chips restaurant. Whether it’s served with a side of mushy peas or sauce, on a plate or from paper, it is synonymous with London’s East End and Britain as a whole.
2. Roast Beef: - The roast beef is part of the traditional Sunday lunch. It consists of roasted meat served with vegetables such as carrots and Brussels sprouts. Potatoes and Yorkshire pudding accompany the dish, too.
3. Yorkshire pudding: - This is not a desert. It is part of the main course and consists of batter made with flour, milk and eggs. It is baked in the oven and usually moistened with gravy. Traditionally, a large, flat one is filled with gravy and vegetables to be served at the main course or as a starter. What’s left after the meal is served with jam or ice-cream for desert.
4. Cottage Pie: - A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes. We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. For a shepherd's pie, use lamb.
5. Shepherd’s Pie: - Shepherd’s Pie is a terrific one-dish dinner your whole family will love. With a rich cooked mince full of bacon, mushrooms and peas covered with creamy mashed potato, it's the perfect meal for a cold winter's night. The dish is made with minced lamb and vegetables. It is topped with mashed potatoes and put in the oven until golden.
6. Lancashire hotpot: - This is one of the most famous meals from the north of England and is made up of a generous portion of lamb that is covered in round slices of potatoes then baked in a low oven for a whole day.
7. Stilton and walnut pie: - With between 3 and 4 million Britons who do not eat meat, Britain offers great vegetarian cuisine. This blend of a nutty tart with the strong blue English cheese is simply divine!
Other Food or Dishes: -
• Steak and kidney pie
• Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding
• Beef Wellington
• Welsh rarebit
• Gammon Steak with egg
• Roast Meats
About the Author: Fakir Mohammad Zakir Hossain seems to have a neat and rich education background in a variety of disciplines. He is a mastermind and a big wheel to which success has been shining through his scholastic career to present date which witnesses him as a successful industrialist.